Who Are We?
Our origins can be traced back to the 1970's. The two founders of the company, Richard Abbott and Mark Hutchison were at school together. This partnership goes back over 28 years, one of the longest and strongest in the event industry.
The company has had three main phases:
1. The Beginning
- Richard and Mark researched the events business sector from Scotland to Kent. The research and business plan that followed gave them the confidence to take the plunge
- They bought two marquees, collecting them from the manufacturer on a borrowed coal lorry!
- An advert was placed in the local Yellow Pages, and there was no going back
- Initially the business was run from Richard's parents' farm near Newbury
- The first contract was with what was then called Trust House Forte Hotels!
2. The Second Phase: Developing the Complete Event
After two or three years of pure marquee experience it soon became increasingly apparent that our clients' needs went beyond merely the supply of marquees. It was at this stage that we started to supply and manage other products and services related to marquee events.
The technical side of the event became our major strength. Our customers wanted a company that could supply toilet units, heating, generators for power supply, power distribution at the event etc.
Our wedding business received a large boost when we were asked to supply marquees for the celebrated film 'Four Weddings and a Funeral'. A strong recommendation by one of our suppliers to a film location manager resulted in our marquees being seen on the Big Screen around the world!
3. The Third Phase: Large Events & Spectaculars
Richard and Mark are still fully involved in Complete Events. Now the team is well established and has huge strengths:
- We have the combination of over 100 years experience in the marquee events industry
- We have contributed to many thousands of events
- We embrace the biggest of challenges, such as Microsoft UKs Millennium Party - 1500 guests, 35 sub-contractors, 65 lorry loads of equipment
- Weddings: Over 70% of our private business involves weddings. We have contributed towards over 1,400 weddings since we began, a huge proportion of our total number of events. We have the knowledge & experience to help make your wedding day the very best imaginable
We are now one of the leading marquee event companies in the UK.
We like to think we are an open, approachable company despite our size. We have always had a number of key philosophies:
- Clients: We have grown by exceeding our clients' expectations and looking after them. This has resulted in a very high retention of clients.
- Value: We provide London Quality at Country Prices.
- Employees: We like to keep them! We are fortunate to have a very low turnover of staff.
- The Way We Look: Our crew wear a smart uniform, so as to not look unsightly when on your site
- Communication: is open, honest, uncomplicated and up front, with our customers, our suppliers and ourselves!
- Product: As the name suggests, Complete Events offer the full range of event services beyond marquees and structures. Typically the product range falls broadly into two levels. They could be called:
- Hardware: i.e. marquees, and the furniture, lighting, linings etc to go in them, along with technical hardware such as generators, heaters, toilets etc
- Additional Services: Anything else that you could possibly want to create an unforgettable party: from catering to décor, entertainment to ancillary services such as security and valet parking
Complete Events has developed into a high calibre 'marquee-based' party and event organiser. We thrive on meeting and exceeding our customers' expectations, and have managed to build a business based on recommendation and referral from satisfied clients.