Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question that isn't covered here in this faq...Click Here
- Why should I use Complete Events?
- What do you do?
- Do I have to come to you with my own venue, or can you suggest or recommend a suitable marquee location?
- You are not a listed supplier at the venue I am looking into - are you able to work there?
- I have a favourite florist (caterer, band, disco.) who I would like to use for our event. Do you insist on providing every piece of equipment and every service?
- I want to hold my function during the Winter. Can you assure me that a marquee event will be comfortable enough?
- How big a marquee do I need?!
- I am putting on an event - where do you come in?
- How much notice do you need for an event?
- Will the marquee damage our grass?
A: Many reasons, but broadly speaking because we are big enough to cope and small enough to care. We are not an ivory tower organisation - we are friendly and approachable.
- We are also very good at what we do! We have a wealth of knowledge and experience of all types of private occasions, and our clients find this extremely valuable when planning their events.
- We look after our clients and their events - we take pride in what we do, and we know that a satisfied client is likely to come back to us.
- We offer excellent value, as we are not an agency - we own the majority of equipment we use.
Q: What do you do?
A: Marquees, and any event that takes place within them. We can get involved at any stage and at any level. We can provide everything from simply a smart marquee through to a full event management service. We are equally comfortable working with end clients and event organisers alike.
Q: Do I have to come to you with my
own venue, or can you suggest or recommend a suitable marquee location?
A: Either. We regularly work in clients own gardens or favoured venue, alternatively we can suggest a venue or site suitable for your event.
A: Almost certainly. We have considerable experience in proving to venues new to us that we are a reputable and professional company, with favourable outcomes. We would always be confident that we could provide our services where you wish us to.
A: No, not at all. We are very happy to work with any supplier you may have. However Complete Events invariably offers best value when we co-ordinate and supply the technical elements of an event - toilets, generators, heating, power distribution etc
A: Yes. Marquee design and heating systems are very sophisticated nowadays, and ensure that marquees can offer the ideal event environment all year round. Our Winter business has grown and grown, in particular Winter Weddings, as our clients come to realise that Winter outdoor events are perfectly feasible.
A: Not too big and not too small. An event can be spoilt if the marquee is too cramped and equally the atmosphere can be lost if it is too large. We put time against properly sizing a marquee, and use AutoCAD technology to draw scale plans incorporating fixtures (furniture, dancefloors etc) to ensure optimum use of space. Be assured that we will spend time with you to discuss this, one of the most fundamental decisions to take.
How do you operate?
A: Our clients often involve us at an early stage and use us to check the feasibility of an event - site, numbers, budget, ideas etc. We are experienced in turning ideas into events, and can often 'cut through' the early planning process. Give us a call - we are not afraid of telling our clients when we believe a function within a marquee is unfeasible for any reason, and will always suggest solutions where possible.
A: We will always try and help, however short your lead time is for an event. However, the event will always benefit from a healthy lead time (6 months) thereby allowing adequate planning. However for peak Summer months (June, July & September) more notice is often needed to guarantee equipment availability.
A: There will be no lasting damage to your grass, although there could be some temporary discolouration. This is minimised by our integral flooring system which is raised above ground level and therefore allows the grass to 'breathe'.